- What is the Neon Builder?
We receive hundreds of requests each week for lighting up names or phrases in NEON! The Neon Builder allows you to select your font, colour and type a message you desire in the most efficient way possible. The previewer allows you to review how your selections will work and will provide you an accurate price based on your selections.
- Can I do it wrong?
Absolutely not! Just have fun with the neon builder and bring your creation to life. Please note, we reserve the right to cancel and refund any purchase where we deem it to be illegal or offensive.
- How long does it take?
Sketch & Etch lovingly handcraft every neon sign to order.
There are two delivery options at Checkout, Standard &Express.
Standard orders are normally delivered in:
- 2-4 weeks from proof approval date (USA, Canada, UK, Europe)
- 3-5 weeks from proof approval date (Australia + New Zealand + Other)
Express orders are normally delivered in:
- 10-15 days from proof approval date (USA, Canada, UK, Europe)
- 10-20 days from proof approval date (Australia + New Zealand + Other)
- Need your custom neon sign sooner?
Every Sketch and Etch Neon is lovingly handcrafted by our specialist Neon team.
To ensure each product is hand-crafted to the highest quality, our team need a minimum of 10-15 days to produce, check and send a Neon sign to you.
Need it sooner than this? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your event date to see if we can help! Please note, rush fees will apply and will vary per item.
- What makes Sketch and Etch Neons different?
We believe in lighting up your vision, through the best quality LED Neon signs. Here are some great reasons our customers have loved shopping with us, and come to us time and time again to create their Neon vision!
- High quality. Sketch & Etch Neon signs are handmade through our international and in-house production teams. We use only the highest quality materials including acrylic backing, and LED Neon flex tubing for our creations.
- Free Extras. Free worldwide shipping, a free remote control dimmer, and a free extended 24-month manufacturer's warranty are some of the gifts we give every Sketch & Etch customer.
- Eco Friendly. We create our Neon signs using the latest LED technology, and are powered using only a 12V power adaptor. They are lightweight, generate no heat and don’t make any noise! Winning!
- Easy to Install. They go up like a picture frame and plug in like a lamp! If you can hang a picture frame, you can install a neon! Plus, a 12V power adapter means no electrician required to install.
- Price Match. We believe we have the best value Neons in the world – and 1000s of our awesome clients agree. Have a quote for a cheaper price? Let us know. We’ll match it and give you a virtual high-five!
- 100% On Time Guarantee. Let us know your event date as soon as you've purchased. On the unlikely chance your sign delivery misses the event date and we've agreed that we can deliver, we'll give you 100% money back - and you get to keep the neon! Full T & C's here.
- How big can my custom neon sign be?
As big as you like! We've done 30ft Neon Signs before. Just note, if your custom order is for a Neon sign larger than 45-50in we might need to have the acrylic backing cut into two, or have the text over two lines. This makes the sign easier to install and reduces the risk of breakage. We will confirm this with you as you get a mock-up of the design to approve after you purchase online. For example "The Andersons" would have a cut between "The" and "Anderson" but when hung on a wall would look like a single sign. If it is a single word, we normally will not have the sign cut into two unless you requested it.
- What is the 100% On Time Guarantee?
We’re so committed to getting your sign to you in time for your big event, that we also offer a 100% money back guarantee in the (super rare!) case that your Neon sign does not arrive in time for your event. Plus, you’ll get to keep your Neon. How good is that?!
To be eligible for the 100% Money Back Guarantee on Delivery, you must:
- Inform us of your event date after ordering & paying for your Neon and before approving your proof (if you don’t tell us, we don’t know!) If we can accommodate, we will confirm at this point. If not, you will be able to cancel your order for a full refund or proceed with the chance that the Neon might not arrive by your event and we will not be able to refund it if it doesn’t.
- The date you require the sign must be more than 5 days after the average delivery time frame. E.g.If you choose 10-21 days, the date you require the sign must be at least 5 days after 15 days. In this example, 20 days. Remember, these days are from the date you approve your proof, not your order date.
- How much do custom neon signs cost?
Pre-designed NeonsOur pre-design Neon signs start from $149 including a free remote and dimmer and worldwide shipping including all around Australia! The price of a custom Neon will vary depending on its design and size. As a rule of thumb, the more detailed the design and the larger it is, the more it will cost.
- How to make custom neon signs?
Our specialized Neon team have spent years perfecting the Neon-making craft.We use a combination of acrylic backing, LED Neon tubing, and a whole lot of skill to make your Neon creation!You can design anything your heart desires, and we will do what we can to bring it to life.
- What comes with the custom neon sign?
We pre-test all our Neon signs to make sure that they’re ready to enjoy straight from the box! 😊 Your Sketch & Etch Neon sign will come to you, mounted on an acrylic (backing board) in your selected color, with a slim transparent cord. The backboards also come with pre-cut hang-holes (5mm/3/16”) for easy installation. You will also receive a power adapter suited to your region. Plus, every Sketch & Etch Neon comes with a remote-control dimmer – all you’ll need are the batteries!
- What is the difference between LED and Neons?
At Sketch & Etch we only use LED Neon technology to create your Neon masterpieces.
We often get asked what the difference is between LED Neons and traditional glass Neons, and which is better. Ultimately, it comes down to preference but here's a breakdown of why we choose to work with LED Neon.
- How long does a custom neon sign last?
Not all Neons are created equal. We have the highest quality standards across all their products. In fact, we’re so confident of our quality, that we offer a manufacturer’s warranty that’s TWICE the industry standard – a 24 months warranty! When used correctly, a neon can typically last 50,000 hours. How great is that?
- How do neon signs work?
Sketch & Etch Neons run on the magic that is LED lighting and electricity.
Your Neon sign will come with a slim cable, power pack, and plug. To turn on your Neon sign, simply plug it into a standard power point and flick the switch. Easy. Find out more about how to operate your Neon Sign here.
- How to hang a neon sign?
There are many great ways to hang your Neon sign. For events, using a strong, clear fishing wire to to the sign to a display frame is a popular choice. At home, many customers choose to hang their signs using 3M Command Strips, or using the pre-cut hang holes and screw kit that comes with every Sketch & Etch Neon. Read a step by step article on how to hang your sign here.
- How to dim a neon sign?
Every Sketch & Etch Neon comes with a remote control dimmer to control the brightness and flash of your Neon! Find out more about how to use your Neon remote here.
- What are neon signs made of?
Sketch & Etch Neons are made from a combination of acrylic backing, LED Neon tubing, and the magic of our team of Neon wizards!